Old Bird

One Hokkien saying that I learn from my army day was a phrase "Old Bird". The army I was in was made up of conscripts. Naturally, conscripts that were about to finish their duties wanted to differentiate themselves from the less experienced soldiers. So they started calling more experienced soldiers "Old Birds" as compared to the newer conscripts that were the "New Birds".

I was backing up my old photos when I came across a few nice pictures. First, a White-rump Shama. It is a supposedly a nice song bird.


Now comes a few mystery bird that are a bit blurry. (Hence the reason that I purchased a camera with a more powerful zoom.)


I suspect both of them to be Pacific Swallows.



For those people who want to compare what an actual Pacific Swallow looks like.



Comments

Popular Posts