Tally-Ho

One thing in life I have to accept is that if life gives you lemon, you have to make the best use of it. Today as I was prowling in a little island, I found that a bridge was closed. I was informed that it would be opened for the next 5 minutes but it would then be closed for the rest of the day.

It meant that if I cross it, I could not return by the same route. This would affect my schedule for the rest of the day. I decide to risk the schedule and cross it. The scene at the bridge was not eventful and there was much construction along the path. This spoiled much of my photo taking.

Still I persevered. Then suddenly I spotted something bobbing in the water. It had whiskers (OK, I was bluffing a little. From the distance, all I see was a blob. Of course what gave the animal away was that it swam against the current.).
Mr Whiskers
And it has ears sticking out. (Again I am fudging things up a little, I could only see a blob while I was shooting the camera. It is not like the otter made it easy for me by keeping still. At that distance, it was all I could do to keep the camera focused on the otter which kept popping up and down.)
"what big ears you have"
Facial whiskers. Usually only mammals have them besides some birds and catfishes. Ears sticking out. Only mammals have them. With some Internet sleuthing, it turned out that I manage to capture a smooth coated otter. Another endangered specie. And one thing to cross off my bucket list.

Comments

Popular Posts