Big Mistake 2

Recently, I have been going on and on about my camera inability to take photos in low light or extreme range under low light condition. However, when I was shooting yesterday, I found that I still could not take good shots even though the conditions were perfect.

Bewildered, I looked at the lens of the camera. I noticed some water stained marks and wiped it away. The blurred at extreme range still persisted although I thought that it was improving after the wipe. (“People love answers, but only as long as they are the ones who came up with them.” Criss Jami, Killosophy) I considered wiping it again more thoroughly but I noticed a few scratches and decided to wait until I was home to fix this.

At home, I found a packet of lens wiping tissue and proceeded to wipe the lens. I did not see any new scratches and I also tested the camera and I thought that it was really better after the wipe with the lens tissue. (“People love answers, but only as long as they are the ones who came up with them.” Criss Jami, Killosophy)

I tried taking a few shots today and then found that the camera's ability to focus was still an issue. Frustrated, I switched from sports mode (taking several shots) to auto mode. To my surprise, the camera was working perfectly. Now, I know that Canon SX 710HS Powershot's sports mode is not able to autofocus at extreme range. (Or at least that is what I think since it could just be my camera.) At least I know that I am not above bullshitting myself.

If this was the end of the story, I would have been suitably put in place. It wasn't. Now the problem of I think I have seen it all attitude. I tested my camera by taking a Munia. It turned out that I had not captured this bird before. I had been taking the Scaly-breasted Munia. This was a new bird. A Chestnut Munia.
Mistaken Identity
Lastly comes the problem of anchoring. I had just taken a picture of an Oriental Magpie Robin.
Oriental Magpie Robin
So the next black and white (Or even contrasting hue) bird automatically got labelled as an Oriental Magpie Robin. Now to explain the white brow on this bird.
Not Oriental Magpie Robin

Update: Mystery bird is a Fantail. To be more exact, it is a Malaysian Pied Fantail. 

Comments

Popular Posts