Speed of Google

I took a picture of a strange bird recently. As I had no idea what it was called, I label it mystery bird.


After 10 minutes, the Internet gave up the name of this bird. Scarlet-backed Flowerpecker. Nothing too special about the bird except that only the male bird has a scarlet-back. The female bird does not. Confused? You should see the juvenile version which also does not have a scarlet-back.

So one specie of bird is defined by the adult male version which does not even make 50% of its population. Sounds like a case of bad apple spoiling the whole barrel. I will touch on this name calling business on another day.

Update:
I have mentioned that I recently purchased a new camera and I manage to capture one with my Nikon P900. A better camera sometimes just cannot make up for the bad lighting.


Update 2:
I manage to capture the bird on camera. With a bit of post-production, the bird image looks clearer.


From its back, you can see where the name came from.


I also fix up the previous Nikon P900 image.


Update 3:
Sometimes the model is more understanding.

Comments

Popular Posts