Type special symbols

As I was blogging, I found that I had a problem with typing special symbols without a special keyboard or using MS Word.

Then I found that you could type just by using Alt + number.
Eg. £ is Alt + 156. For all the special characters, click on this link.

End of story, right? Wrong. I found out that it worked only if you had a keyboard with Number pad as well as the Num Lock. As I am working on a laptop, I am out of options. Apparently the on screen keyboard does not allow the special characters to be typed.

There is still a solution. It is just a bit more tedious.

  1. Press the Windows button.
  2. Go to Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Character map
  3. You can then select the character and then copy and paste it. 
Piece of cake.






Comments

Popular Posts