Heroes

I am playing a game called Castle Clash and one of its features is that it allows you to collect heroes. It does not take a genius to figure out that heroes are more effective military units. Moreover, if you invest in the correct resource, the hero can be evolved to the next level(To be more badass). Now most people will figure out that the best heroes to evolve will be the one that has the most potential to be destructive at a higher level.

Alas, there is a catch. After the usual suspects have been promoted, you are are caught in a dilemma. You could spend money to increase your chances of wining a "Rare" hero. Or you would have to upgrade your existing heroes that are not very impressive. Assuming that you are cheap like me, you will then have the same headache as me, all the rest of the existing heroes are not eye-catching. One could spend time analysing the heroes but this game is already taking a fair amount of my time a day.

I could look at what the other players have upgraded but then I will see the another problems. Besides the usual suspects, their evolved heroes will be different from the ones that I have. I have used my gut feel but now my gut are not having any preferences over the remaining mob. And thus I succumb to bias. I have chosen a hero based on what he looks like. He looks honourable and knightly. (He is a paladin). I have also heard rumours that it is possible to evolve the hero to an unbeatable level..

I have not been very satisfied with the upgraded paladin but this is not the point. The truth is that after a certain level of status is reached, we need to create the myths to explain our success. We will conveniently ignore the treacherous or underhand method and craft more reasonable myths about the secret sauce. We will airbrush out the blemishes so that we can repaint (or touch up) a more wholesome picture.        

So it is with my heroes. The heroine who dressed seductively. (Temptress! Even though she packs the highest attack) The hero who looks like a snot-encrusted scorpion. (Mutant(Read ugly)! Even though his shield has helped win many tough battles.) The vampire? Sometimes you have to be pragmatic. But you don't have to be upfront about everything. The other 😈 or πŸ’€ or πŸ‘» units? Mere cannonfodder until I have a need for their skills. The rear echelon or ancillary services> Hey, we are talking about heroes.

These πŸ‘Ό or πŸ‘½units are acceptable. These πŸ’‚ units are preferable. To be heroes that is. Unless I need warriors in which nobody is exempted.  
   


Comments

Popular Posts