Baby day

I know that baby day is on the second of May. But sometimes you get to see something cute and it really makes my day.


It is an adult Laced Woodpecker. I was not able to capture its red crown even when it was sticking its head out of the nest.


Once the adult flew off, 👶  looked out.


At at a pond, I saw a little bird that was trying to hide behind an adult White-breasted waterhen. The picture shows the brown bottom of the adult White-breasted waterhen. There is a ball of black feathers beneath which was the chick.


The adult White-breasted waterhen.


Then the baby chick rushing out of cover and hiding next to the adult. You can see its beak and a body behind the adult.

No clear shot of the 👶 chick.

Waterhens are reproducing in Singapore.

Correction:
Only the male Laced Woodpecker has a red crown. The female Laced Woodpecker does not have a red crown. My mistake for thinking that I "saw" a red crown.  

Comments

Popular Posts