Anti-aging devices

I am not suggesting that I have an elixir of youth. However, once in a while, I encounter a device that helps to alleviate the signs of aging. Take short-sightedness. I have an issue of looking at fine details without my glasses. But what I have I do not have my glasses?

Apparently, my Nikon P900 camera has a solution for that. Its EVF (Electronic Viewfinder) has an adjustment mechanism called Diopter Adjustment. If you do not have glasses, you can make the adjustment so that the image is clear. Now, some people will comment that as I am taking pictures of animals and birds which mean that I have to be outdoors. Without my glasses, I would not be able to find my way much less spot the animal.

The thing is that I live in the tropics where rain is a common occurrence. Even though I can see with my glasses when it is wet or raining, the image is not very clear.  When I reach a shelter or photographer hut, I can remove my camera from the waterproof bag and start taking photos without wiping my spectacles. Just push the glasses down the nose, adjust the Diopter Adjustment and start shooting.  Then pop the camera back to its bag and continue hiking.      

Comments

Popular Posts