What a lot of things I don't need - Socrates


I do subscribe to certain sites to see what is the latest toy or gadget or deals. Most of the deals do not catch my eye but once in a while, something I see something that truly takes the cake.

There is a luxury site that showcases some of the more refined things in life. Recently, they recommended this item. For those of you who did not click the link, it was a bulletproof backpack. My first instinct was to wonder when will anyone need a stylish civilian bulletproof backpack? If I am in a high crime area, the bag would a criminal magnet. I would not think about wearing that even if I was a non-combatant in a low-intensity war zone. If I were a reporter or a medical personnel, I would be given the necessary safety equipment.

Even if I were paranoia, I am not sure that wearing a bullet-proof backpack would keep me safe. I would need to own at least two backpacks to protect my torso. If I do not mind looking silly carrying two backpacks, I would purchase a bulletproof vest which is easier to run with. For the times that I have armour protection on the front or backside of my body but not both? To impress people? I don't think anyone is impressed with a stylish backpack that is also bulletproof.        

Comments

Popular Posts