Accessories

I was recently complaining writing about the limitations of the camera on my smartphone. I thought that buying a external lens for it will resolve all my problems.

Tonight, I just receive the external lens and the results are less than impressive to say the least. I can now take pictures at a greater distance but I need to tune the lens so that it focuses correctly. Before I can tune it, I must first attach the external lens. Before I can attach the external lens, I need to remove my smartphone silicon case.

This means that if I see an animal in the open, I need at least a minute before I can even take a photo. Now there are ways to reduce the time. I can cut an eye hole in my silicon case. I can mark the position of the eyepiece so that it is easier to attach it.

But is the end result better than using the digital zoom? I need to run some tests in the day as the lighting and range is better. I am not holding my breath.  

Comments

Popular Posts