You can't teach an old dog

Now the readers of this blog will realise that I try to find out the name of all the flora and fauna that I come across. Recently I though I shot a red humming bird.
You shoot me down but I won't fall......
Now with further research, I found out that it was a Sunbird. Apparently Humming birds are not found in Singapore. But I knew that I have seen these birds hovering while feeding from flowers. Humming birds are the only birds that hover. Apparently you learn something new every day, Sunbirds also can hover.

The final twist of the tale is that this bird is Scarlet Backed Flowerpacker. Now how did I come to conclusion that I was looking at a Humming Bird that turned out to be a Sunbird. Well, a few seconds earlier, I was looking a yellow bird that I thought was a Humming bird. Now to identify this bugger.

When will I learn.....

Comments

Popular Posts