A week is a long time in politics

I just took my eye off the Brexit events for a few days (The events in Wimbledon's tennis slam was a lot more interesting) and next moment the news has me whip lashed. One moment, I thought that Michael Gove may be the next PM of Britain and the next moment it turned out that he was not a serious contender. Third? With less than 20% of the votes? Any way, it looks like England has a new female Prime Minister

But what brought back my attention in this Brexit was when I saw the news that Jeremy Corbyn was facing a leadership challenge. My brother then remarked that it is typical that white male creates a mess and a woman or a minority has to clean it up. I then saw that Angela Eagle was challenging for the position. On an interesting note, the first time I learn about Angela Eagle, it was after the Brexit vote. I thought that the news agency had gotten Angela Merkel's name wrong and that the German PM was trying to look fashionable. And I also need a new pair of glasses.

It will be interesting to see if UKIP follows the same trend. It has blocked one of its leading female candidate though.   

Comments

Popular Posts