The Perfect Shot

Recently, there was a man in Singapore who was caught when he tried using fish injected with air to bait eagles so that he could catch the eagle on camera. I am not here to judge the person but I can understand his intension. We photographers spend so much time wait for the animals to come within range. This is excluding the time we spend scouting location and hunting for the best equipment.

I bought a fairly expensive handphone as its camera could zoom up to 10 times. After six months, I discovered that 10X times was not good enough unless the animal was fairly close. And wild animals tend not to like people to come close unless there is food. And the ones that I want to take are usually not begging for food.

So I purchase a better camera. And a few other toys to go with it. (Eg. Tripod, waterproof pouches, etc). On one hand, I could get better shots.
You are beautiful.....
  However, if I wanted to take pictures of wild animals, I was under the mercy of nature. If I was lucky to capture an animal, it often had other things in mind.
Turn around.....
My point is that if you want things to come together successfully, sometimes the only thing you can do is to have patience. Or find another hobby.

Update:
The first raptor that you is a male Crested Goshawk. The other 2 raptors with their backs facing me are likely to be Brahminy kites.


Comments

Popular Posts