How you like me now?

I know the title does not sound very grammatical but it is borrowed from a line from a song. If you have been reading my blog, you will have recalled that I was playing with a feature called exposure compensation. By adjusting the exposure, one can decide how much light one can allow in the camera.

I took the below picture at dusk so I was not able to make out what exactly that I was shooting at. I saw a bird-like blob in a distance and snapped a picture.


It turned out to be two spotted doves which you can barely make out. So I made some adjustment on the camera and snapped the next shot.



You can now clearly see the colour of the doves but the sharpness of the previous photo appears to be lost.  

As you can tell, changing lighting conditions makes taking pictures a challenge. this was the first shot of the day which looks a little overexposed.



Next one looks overexposed as well.


Corrected and looking better.


The next few shots still looked fine.




Yet the next bird was hard to shoot.


This was the recovery picture with exposure compensation.


The next few birds are fine.




The collared kingfisher was in the shade. Look at the contrast between it and the heron.


Here is the same bird from another angle.


I have picked up one new trick. If the animal is too dark to be seen, just change the exposure adjustment and snap a shot. You will be able to see the colouration more clearly.



Comments

Popular Posts