Not so new

A few decades ago, I read about scientists discovering that Bonobos were a different species from Chimpanzees. When this fact was published, several zoos discovered that they had housed the Bonobos were housed with Chimps even though the primates had nothing in common. At that point, I felt that those zookeepers were terribly unobservant.

It turned out that I am equally culpable. I recently spotted a new bird. It was weaving a nest
Golden-backed Weaver (Male)


Golden-backed Weaver (Male) Weaving a nest. WIP. 
The male birds build the nest. 
Golden-backed Weaver nest end product
Now I thought that I have spotted a new bird. Then I discovered that I had spotted the bird more than a year ago. Spotted and identified the bird. Except that I had seen a female bird which was not building a nest.   

Nothing new uncovered. We just rewrite the textbooks that we had read.

Update:
I wrote that the birds were Baya Weaver. Actually Golden-backed Weaver.

Comments

Popular Posts