Jinx

I coined a term called Squirrel day. It means a day spent bird watching but only spotting the nut-eating critters.

There is a rule that you do not say something bad in case you end up jinxing yourself. Last Saturday was such a day.

It started with a great note. It was a family of Smooth coat otters. If you see a group of otters, they are family.
Smooth coat otter

Smooth coat otters


Butt shot as usual.
Smooth coat otters
Smooth coat otter
It then went downhill.
Oriental Dollarbird
Scrapping the bottom of the barrel.
Yellow-vented Bulbul
A bird that was a stone toss away.
Grey Heron
Then almost nothing else until this chick popped out of the bushes.
White-Breasted Waterhen (Juvenile) 
A consolation prize.
Oriental Magpie Robin
Once out of the area, things started looking better. 
Long-tailed Shrike

White-Headed Munia (Top)
Scaly-Breasted Munia (Bottom)

I will be lying if I say I did not see any birds. I saw a parakeet? but I could not get a shot before a crow chased it away. I also saw an African Golden back Weaver but as it was not building a nest, it flew away. I also saw a few doves (Zebra, Spotted neck) 




Comments

Popular Posts