Good hunting

Sometimes you just need luck. Today my camera was a little wonky. I still manage to capture a few beauties.

First a new bird. It is named after its unique tail. This bird has only one racket.
Greater Racket-tailed Drongo
Are you looking at me?
Greater Racket-tailed Drongo
Side view which is more flattering for birds.
Greater Racket-tailed Drongo

This was a difficult shot as the suspension bridge I was on was shaking. I was hoping to capture a raptor.
Oriental Dollarbird
Another Greater Racket-tailed Drongo but missing its racket.

Update:
It is likely to be a Black Drongo.





Slender Squirrel. There is no underbelly marking on the critter. It also has a less bushy tail.
Slender Squirrel
Plantain squirrel for comparison.
Plantain squirrel
Plantain squirrel's tail for comparison
Plantain squirrel

Comments

Popular Posts