Mi Too?

I walked into a Mi Store 2 years ago. I was impressed with their nice store layout (similar to the Apple Store). I ended up walking out with a new smartphone.

Last Sunday, I popped into another Mi store as a robot caught my eye. I knew that they had extended their product line but I did not know how long the extension was. Besides the robot, they also had curio like a weighing scale and water bottles.

To say that I was a little disoriented is an understatement. But it was when I saw their cameras that I had a sense of Deja Vu. I had seen the same thing before.

A decade ago, I was a fan of products from Creative. Headphones? Got a couple of them. MP3 players? I had 2 of them from Creative. Tablet? Got it (It was the worst product from Creative). But I also remember seeing their line of cameras in their store. Things took a bad turn for Creative and they started trimming their product line. 

Same mistake?

Comments

Popular Posts