Vulture


OK, it is a moulting pigeon. But I choose this picture for a reason. It is nothing against pigeons or carrion eaters. It is also not about bald birds.

Recently, I had heard a joke from a comedian saying that 10% of the work force do not deserve their job. That is 1 in 10 people. If you see ten people on your way to work, one of them ought to have stayed at home. 

I know that some people are undeserving or entitled. But one in ten? The comedian maybe exaggerating but is there a real number? The fact that he was a healthy looking white male makes me suspicious to say the least.

And this is the problem. We like to exclude people. Wrong sex. Wrong age. Wrong disability. Wrong skin colour. Or simply unattractive. Like the bald pigeon who will never feature in my photography collection except as a punchline.

The trouble is that those now unemployed people will not disappear. Who is going to feed them? Where are they going to live? I also want the world to exclude people I do not like. Or at least stop carrying deadweight. Or look at more productive things like this woodpecker.




Comments

Popular Posts