Stereotypes

Today I manage to capture a Long Tailed Shrike on film.


Before I could line up another shot, 2 Mynas flew along and chased the Shrike away.


For those of you who have been reading this blog, you will know that there are 2 Mynas that chase a Savanna Nightjar away from its regular perch.

So what is the conclusion that I can draw? Mynas are bullies? I have seen the examples with my own eyes and it has happen on more than one occasion. Now before I go around to apply labels, I also have to question my own bias.

I do not like Mynas. The Javan Myna is an invasive species that is driving out the Common Myna in Singapore. As such, I like the Javan Myna even less than the native species. But at some point, in my life, I have become bitter and judgmental. Things become black and white and my perception of facts are also coloring my world view.

 
Another view of the Long Tailed Shrike on what is an overcast day.

"There are so many fragile things after all. People break so easily, and so do dreams and hearts." Neil Gaiman


Comments

Popular Posts